- Personally identifiable information is collected from You through this Site.
- Use of this information.
- Sharing of this information.
- Protection of Your information.
- Process for You to correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- InCrowd’s contact address for privacy questions.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Web Site and Mobile App Tracking Technologies When You visit our Site or Use our Mobile Apps, some information is automatically collected. For example, when You visit our Site Your computer’s and mobile device’s operating system, device type, carrier provider, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the Web sites You visited before our Site are logged automatically. We also collect information about Your Usage and activity on our Site and in our Mobile Apps. We collect mobile device information in order to send service notices directly to Your device. We may associate information we automatically collect with Your personal information such as Your login ID and information You give Us at registration.
- Registration During the collection of information via the Profile pages on the Site, You are required to give Your contact information (such as name, address, birth date, physician license information, medical school, institutional affiliations, email address and the like). An email address and birth date is used to confirm Your identity. An email address is also used to contact You about the materials and information on the Site. Your address will be used to compensate You for Your activities at InCrowd. When the Site requests Your identity, the Site will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. All of Your professional information is subject to authentication by a third party provider to confirm you are a validly licensed physician or clinician.
- Personal Profile Once you are a registered participant, You may provide additional information in Your personal profile describing Your credentials, professional experiences, academic background, biography and the like. Such additional information must be truthful and accurate and is also subject to authentication. Your personal profile shall be available for viewing by other registered participants of InCrowd and will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Providing additional information in Your personal profile beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional and may be altered or removed by You at any time.
- IP Addresses When You request a page from any page within the Site, our Web servers automatically recognize Your domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal the IP address from which You have accessed the Site.
- Opt Out Procedures You may opt-out of receiving further communications from InCrowd. To be completely removed from the InCrowd mailing list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If You are Using an email forwarding service or other similar service please make sure to include the correct email address or addresses.
- Blogs/Forums Personally identifiable information You submit on a bulletin board, chat room, blog or forum on this Website can be read, collected, or Used by other Users of these forums, and could be Used to send You unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for monitoring, protecting, limiting access, or otherwise controlling the use of the personally identifiable information You choose to submit in these forums.
USE OF THIS INFORMATION
- Use of Collected Information Personal information collected through our Site and through our Mobile Apps are used for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to You on our Site or in connection with our Mobile Apps.
- Trend Analyses InCrowd may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, to track Your movement within the Site, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Links to Other Sites Our Site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from InCrowd’s. If You submit personal information to any of those sites, Your information is governed by the privacy statements of those third party sites.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Sharing We do not share Your personal information with third parties other than with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers (including, without limitation an email service provider, reward fulfillment provider and credit card processor) who are working on our behalf and need access to Your information to carry out their work for Us. We may share Your information in connection with a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, if any. We may also share aggregated or anonymous information that does not directly identify You. InCrowd may share anonymized aggregated demographic information with InCrowd’s partners. To the extent permitted by law, InCrowd shall not be liable for the transfer of any personal identification information resulting from loss or distribution of data, the delineation or corruption of storage media, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, sabotage, terrorism or any other event beyond InCrowd’s control.
- Consulting InCrowd may partner with third parties to provide specific services. When You sign up for these services, You agree that InCrowd may share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. Per InCrowd’s contractual arrangements with such third parties, these parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information of InCrowd’s users except for the explicit purpose of providing services for InCrowd.
- Spam InCrowd maintains a strict “No-Spam” policy, which means that InCrowd does not intend to sell, rent or otherwise give Your email address to a third party without Your consent.
- Legal Requests InCrowd cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties, to enforce laws and third party rights, such as intellectual property rights and laws relating to fraud. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or other activity that may expose Us or You to legal liability, You authorize InCrowd to disclose Your personal data and other information about You as InCrowd, in its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate in response to such a request.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Confidentiality and Security InCrowd takes all reasonable precautions to protect Your personal information both online and off-line. When InCrowd requests that You enter sensitive information, that information is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software or other security protocols, which encrypts the information You input. No administrator at InCrowd will have knowledge of Your password. It is important for You to protect against unauthorized access to Your password and to Your computer. If You access the Site using a shared computer, be sure to log off from the Site when you have finished your session. To the extent InCrowd keeps physical records containing Your personal information, InCrowd limits access to such personal information to employees who InCrowd reasonably believes need that information to provide InCrowd services to You. However, InCrowd is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of Your personal information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties.
- Correction/Updating Personal Information If Your personally identifiable information changes (such as address or payment information), or if You no longer desire to Use this Site, You are able to update Your profile on the Profile pages of the Site. InCrowd will endeavor to correct, update or remove Your personal data provided to InCrowd.
INCROWD’S CONTACT ADDRESS FOR PRIVACY QUESTIONS
Should You have questions about this policy or InCrowd’s information collection, use and disclosure practices, You may contact Us at the address www.incrowdnow.com/contact or InCrowd, 1 Appleton Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02116. We will use reasonable efforts to respond promptly to requests, questions or concerns You may have regarding our use of personal information about You. Except where required by law, InCrowd cannot ensure a response to questions or comments regarding topics unrelated to this policy or InCrowd’s privacy practices.
Last Updated September 2014